Aboriginal Book Submissions and Manuscripts
Kegedonce Press, a Native owned and operated publishing company based at Neyaashiinigmiing, seeks manuscripts for consideration for inclusion in our future publishing programme. We are looking for poetry, fiction, drama, creative non-fiction, graphic novels, and children's books by Aboriginal writers from Canada. Writers whose work has never been published are strongly encouraged to submit their work to literary journals and anthologies before seeking publication of a full manuscript.
- We do NOT accept simultaneous submissions *or unsolicited manuscripts.
- Contact us, by surface mail or email ( info -AT- kegedonce.com ) before sending any manuscript.
- Unsolicited manuscripts WILL NOT be reveiwed.
- Emailed sample submissions WILL NOT be reviewed.
- Unsolicited manuscripts will not be returned - they will be recycled.
- Do not send originals of any material.
- Please Allow up to 6 months for Review Process
Please do include:
- letter of enquiry
- writing sample (no more than 20 pages)
- bio (indicating Aboriginal affiliation)
- list of publications
- a self-addressed, stamped envelope (if you would like your material returned)
Attention: Publishing Manager
RR #7 Owen Sound, ON N4K 6V5
What it means:
Submitting a manuscript for consideration to publish to more than one publisher at a time.
Simultaneous submissions = BAD. Don't do it. No publisher we know of accepts simultaneous submissions and most, if not all, of us get extremely annoyed (or even mean!) when authors do it surreptitiously. Now you know.
For more information and great tips on submitting
manuscripts please download our:
"Steps for Getting Published" PDF manual here.
Here is a popular PDF download:
Damm Good Advice from a Damm Good Publisher.
Thank you for your interest in Kegedonce Press - "Miigwech!"